Monday, May 11, 2009

Rwanda, here I come!

Upon graduation, I have spent past year volunteering for Invisible Children. My adventures have been incredible, ranging from visiting Northern Uganda, to traveling across the U.S. for 4 months in a van educating the masses of the atrocities of Northern Uganda [including this story], to helping raise millions in funds for Schools For Schools, to coordinating cities across the country for Invisible Children's worldwide event "The Rescue" and finally being on Oprah.

The opportunity for another incredible adventure has come up to work with an amazing organization in Kigali, Rwanda called KEZA, as a productions assistant, helping a film team to document several movements, people and overall stories of Africa. This is what the next four weeks of my life are looking like:




  • Staying in San Diego with Invisible Children for another week and a half.


  • Flying back out to Chicago to be with my family and continue working on logistics for Rwanda.


  • My golden birthday on May 19th and turning 19 years old


  • Raise $6,500 (HELP!) for all expenses - see paypal to your right if you feel led to help


  • PRAY PRAY PRAY... When I pop in your head, please send up a prayer for me...


  • Then I'm leaving on a jet plane to Rwanda on June 3rd whether I have $6,500 or not.

No comments: