Thursday, August 20, 2009

COLLEGE... COLLEGE... COLLEGE... July 21st – 24th

So this week there is only 3 of us at home. Ricky went to Congo to film for an amazing organization called Discover the Journey, CHECK IT OUT discoverthejourney.org . Erin went to a Reconciliation Seminar that an organization called R.E.A.C.H. puts on. This organization is AMAZING! They bring killers from the genocide who have served their sentences in jail together with victims of the genocide to begin the process of reconciliation. The overall point of R.E.A.C.H. is to bring about forgiveness, because forgiveness is such a powerful tool to bring about closure. CHECK IT OUT www.reach-rwanda.org and www.reachusa.org. Amanda went to Uganda for a few days to visit old friends in Gulu and the country she loves so much. So it was Seth, Rachel, and I for the week. I spent this week beginning the process of College applications. I spent the first day researching film schools in the country. The next day narrowing the schools down and researching in depth what each film program offers, financial details, scholarships, BLAH BLAH BLAH….. Then the last few days of the week looking at their requirements for the application and began filling those out. These are the schools I narrowed down to…

Schools:

1. University of Southern California

2. University of California, Los Angeles

3. Chapman University


Don’t judge me! I, of all people, realize how expensive and difficult it is to get into these schools! But I prayed and thought about it for a long time and realized that I have never limited what I have done in the last few years of my life based on $$$$, my educational background, or stereotypes of what a girl like me can or cannot do, SO WHY WOULD I START LIMITING MYSELF TO THAT NOW! After praying about it for a while, I realized that God has always and continues to tell me to REACH FOR THE STARS! And settle for nothing less. I truly believe that the experience and work I have done since high school gives me a good shot of getting into these schools (at least I hope so). And just like I have done for the past few years, I will work my butt off, believe in myself, pray pray pray, and have faith that this is what God wants me to do… and I will be open for change if He see’s fit.

A little prayer and/or support from you all couldn’t hurt either!

No comments: