Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Life in Rwanda June 10th to June 12th

After we arrived in Rwanda, we took a few days to settle into our house and get situated. Then we got straight to work having meetings about filming for KEZA and Remba and the other non-profits. Ricky began teaching me how to use the camera, techniques, Final Cut Pro, and then we went out and actually got some hands on practice. We spent a whole day riding around Kigali’s countryside on Boda-Boda’s capturing Rwanda’s beauty to use in the media.


This is the Fam Bam (The pose was Seth's idea... the tall one)

Boda-Boda
Kigali Sky

It was nice practice, for Ricky to teach me and then just let me loose with the camera. We met with our boss Jared to discuss this videos we will be making over the next few months. It was so exciting to hear what our plan is and that WE (Ricky, Seth, and I) get to be the people that make KEZA’s first pieces of media. These 2 guys are extremely talented and I am stoked to learn all I can from them. We have so much to do in such little time! I feel so blessed that God has given me this opportunity to learn film through experiencing it in a place I love, before I head off to film school.

No comments: