Tuesday, June 2, 2009

goodbye Chicago...hello Rwanda



Didn't sleep last night, drove to the airport at noon, and now I'm on my way. I wish I could say it was as simple as flying from the states to London to Rwanda, haha, oh no. For some reason I never take the easy way. I have 5 stops! I go from Chicago to a layover in Minneapolis to London to Amsterdam to Nairobi then I finally land in Uganda. I wait in Uganda for 12 hours for Rachel... But Seth and Ricky (KEZA's filmer ans photographer) are with me, thank God! Then finally, after a 2 day plane ride around the world, 12 hour wait in Kampala, Uganda we will proceed to embark on a 10 hour bus ride from Uganda to Rwanda... All in a days work, well more like 3. If that's just the first 3 days, I can't imagine what the rest of the 2 months and 28 days will look like. I wouldn't want it any other way! I am so wrapped up in these next 3 days that I can't even grasp what is about to happen in these next 3 months. I have NO idea what I have gotten myself into, and
I love it! I am extremely excited to see what stories and people God puts in front of me, and even more so, I am honored, blessed, and thankful that God is giving me the opportunity to share it with them with the world! 

I want to say Thank you to my sister for driving me around for a week to get everything done, thank you matt for helping me with travel stuff and calming my nerves. Thanks brother and mom and dad for my amazing new bag! Thank you to EVERYONE who has been supporting and praying for me. Finally thank you Rachel Burney for helping me make this happen and giving me this opportunity because I feel like I'm exactly where Im suppose to be! And thank you Jesus!

Stay posted, I'll let you know when I finally get there...

1 comment:

Ann Favre Watkins said...

Nelly, I am so excited for you. I look forward to following your adventure on your blog. God bless you, stay safe, and have the time of your life!